Vision of the Seas Cruise – Zeebrugge to Southampton

Our departure was 5pm while the AIDA was an hour later. It was a little windy but at least dry.

A little shopping and I was persuaded to take a raffle ticket to win a watch and jewellery set. The draw was at 6.30pm, a few minutes later so I stayed – and won! I’ll be honest and admit it was after the 6th or 7th attempt but as I rarely win anything, I was pleased.

It was another Crown & Anchor party but I couldn’t be bothered. Just relaxed then went to dinner.

Le Havre was the last port. I’d woken up before 3am and noticed Astor, who would be with us, was outside somewhere as we passed so I headed onto the deck to try and find her.

Back to sleep before getting up for our arrival, only we were already there! Astor was following as it began to slowly get light.

Back to sleep then a quick few photos after lunch.

Astor was sailing at 1.30pm so after a couple of refeshing cold drinks in the Schooner Bar, I went back outside.

My disembarkation tags had finally been delivered and I was given Green 21 instead of Green 3 (Platinum Crown & Anchor upwards), so I got that changed. Also I had been given the pre-paid gratuities envelopes despite handing the form in onboard. The International Parade of Flags was at 8pm. This was one of my favourite parts of the cruise. The Captain proudly led everyone. This was only the second cruise I’d done on here where he was involved. The last was my first in 2008. Neither Captain in 2009 or 2011 were even seen much.

Captain Srecko Ban

Dinner had been changed to open seating and our departure was 9pm. We slipped quietly away, without even an announcement from the Captain.

And so to bed and, with putting the clocks back, I was snuggled under the covers by an astonishing 9pm! But then my alarm was set for 5am so i could be up for our 6.30am arrival. However, putting on the info channel I got a shock – we were at Netley so were at least half an hour early! I quickly dashed upstairs after phoning my dad to make sure he was waiting for the window for us to pass. Grand Princess was behind. She was due to dock at 6am with us half an hour later but we had to go up and turn instead of swinging by the berth so docked just 10 minutes early.

Disembarkation was easy but due to certain transport timings, I had to hang around a while so I could aim for the 8am ferry.

This entry was posted in AIDA Kreuzfahrten, Cruises, Northern Europe, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean, Ship Stalking, Transocean Kreuzfahrten and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s